Taking care of dental implants is the key to their longevity. Dental implants are extremely durable and long-lasting provided they are not abused, neglected, or damaged. If you let gum disease ravage your mouth, your gum tissue will not be strong enough to continue to hold your implants, nor any teeth for that matter, in place.
Make sure to always take care of your dental implants. Here are a few of the tips to use:
– If you have any issues with your oral health, be sure to visit Houston smiledocs for an oral exam. Also, make sure to attend your regularly scheduled appointments.
– Stop smoking and chewing tobacco. Smoking can cause bone structure weakness, which can lead to your implants failing.
– Do not chew on inedible items such as pens or pencils.
– Avoid all foods that may be too hard to chew. During the festive season, this includes giant candy canes, peppermint bark, or hard peanut brittle.
– Brush twice daily and floss once daily. Always make sure to clean all sides of each tooth and behind your last set in the back of your mouth.
Dental implants can make your smile whole once more. To set up an appointment with Drs. Randall L. Farmer & Isabelle M. Farmer, please call Houston smiledocs in Houston, Texas at 713.784.6855. Fill in the empty spaces in your smile with dental implants today!