If you are missing one or more teeth, our dentists may recommend a dental implant to restore your smile. Drs. Farmer and Farmer may also recommend a dental implant to serve as an anchor to a dental bridge or to replace a tooth that was extracted. A dental implant is designed to restore your smile back to its ideal function, appearance, and comfort. Other benefits that are available with dental implants include preventing your natural teeth from shifting and restoring your ability to chew and speak properly. If a dental implant is necessary, our team will:
- Administer the appropriate anesthetic
- Clean and sanitize any root from the jawbone
- Carefully place a titanium screw. This screw will fuse with the jawbone, resulting in improved stability
- After the screw has been inserted, a small attachment, known as an abutment, will be added
- Our team will cement an implant to your abutment. Depending on your needs, our team may recommend a denture, crown, or bridge to complete your implant and restore your smile.
At Houston smiledocs, our team is determined to offer you the most pleasant care possible. If you have any concerns or questions about a dental implant in Houston, Texas, we invite you to contact us today. We look forward to meeting with you soon!