One of the most common types of restoration our dentists, Drs. Farmer and Farmer, offer is dental fillings. Dental fillings are extremely useful because of their ability to repair teeth that are cracked or decayed. At Houston smiledocs, we may recommend a dental filling to repair teeth that have been damaged by habits, such as nail biting or teeth grinding. If you decide that a dental filling is right for you, our hard-working team will:
- Determine the amount and type of sedative that should be applied
- Remove the damaged or decayed area
- Clean the remaining tooth
- Carefully fill the tooth layer by layer. Depending on your circumstances, we may use a special light or laser to speed up the process
- Polish and shape the tooth to provide you with the most pleasing look possible.
One of the aesthetic benefits of dental fillings is the fact that many can be made to match the color and tone of your natural smile. Some of the other benefits include the fact that they can be used to restore your smile to its optimal function. If you are interested in the benefits of a dental filling in Houston, Texas, please visit or contact us today. We are excited to hear from you soon!