How is a dental crown useful?
A dental crown is a common restoration designed to cap an injured or damaged tooth. At Houston smiledocs, our team may recommend a dental crown for several reasons, which include:
- Then need to strengthen a tooth that is weak and might fracture
- The need to cover a damaged or misshaped tooth
- The need of an anchor for a dental bridge
- The need to cover a dental implant
- The need to protect a fractured or weakened tooth
- The need to cover a severely stained, discolored, or darkened tooth
- The need to complete a root canal treatment
How long does a crown last?
Our dentists, Drs. Farmer and Farmer, can make your crown to match the color, shape, and size of your smile to meld with your natural look and provide you with the most natural-looking smile possible. Crowns are designed to fuse to your smile and cover the entirety of your tooth, from the gum line up. Dental crowns can be made from porcelain, which is often used for its aesthetic characteristics. Metal crowns are typically chosen because they offer more durability. To learn more about the benefits of a dental crown in Houston, Texas, please feel free to contact us today. We look forward to offering you and your family the highest-quality dental care possible.