How well are you treating your smile? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, where would you say your oral health care ranks? If you are anything less than a 10 than there is work to be done to ensure your smile will shine for the rest of your years. Listed below are a few things you should consider, to improve your oral health:
– Use safety gear and equipment for any activity that can potentially damage or injure your teeth and gums.
– Avoid sugary drinks and foods, as these can increase your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
– Brush your teeth at least twice every day and try to floss at least once per day.
– Protect your mouth from the effects of halitosis by brushing your tongue and teeth and using mouthwash when applicable.
– Get rid of any bad habits you may have that can damage your mouth, including smoking and using drugs.
– Find out and keep a record of your complete dental history.
– Speak with your dentist about ways to improve your brushing and flossing techniques.
– Schedule and attend all regular checkups and bi-annual professional cleanings with your dentist
– Ensure you are not suffering from any eating disorders.
– Prevent damage to your teeth by removing any mouth jewelry that can crack your teeth and cut your gums.
For more advice and help from our team at Houston smiledocs, come in for a visit. If you would like an oral exam from Dr. Randall L. Farmer & Isabelle M. Farmer, please book an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Houston, Texas. We can be reached at 713.784.6855. We are here to help you get the healthy smile of your dreams!